Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still Working...

Building our pantry from scratch...it will be more room than what we had in the tiny little closet version, but it will definitely be narrow! We wish we could've afforded R-30 insulation, but woah-pricey. Anyway, this R-19 is an upgrade from the R-11 that was in there. We don't even think they make it that low anymore! I sure am learning more each day...for instance, I had no idea you needed to put special barrier under the framing anywhere it touched the concrete. I never knew what "sistering" a stud meant or what a "cripple" was. (nothing politically incorrect!) My hubby is jack-of-all-trades! Andy's picking up the cement nailer this afternoon so he can secure the joists and continue framing. Then insulate the floor, add subfloor, and more drywalling---yeah.
The countertop guy came this morning to measure for template. They say they'll come back by next Thursday for the install...amazing! We can't wait... Well, it's blazing hot and humid here, so I think the kids and I will visit the sprinkler park after lunch. We need the occasional diversion.

No comments: