Friday, July 2, 2010

Nothing To Do With Remodel

I spent today doing tasks completely unrelated to the remodel. It felt good being "normal" for a day. Laundry, cleaning bathrooms, mowing the yard, cleaning out the van, and picking up the garage in preparation for the woodworking stage. As I was folding laundry, I chuckled when I came to these t-shirts. For years now, I've given Andy a hard time about his tendency to wear a t-shirt to the point of threadbare. I always point out that they simply must be thrown away. What you are seeing is his comfy yellow t-shirt from a gig with the Decatur Park Singers (circa 1996). Notice the light from our bedroom window shining through it...
Then I came to one of my three comfy School of Tunes t-shirts from Millikin (circa 1995). I realized I no longer have room to goad him. Although it's not see-through, it certainly has seen it's share of paint, stain, joint compound, and Great Stuff foam! I wouldn't toss it for anything! I guess I'll let him keep his...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

LOVE the shirt Mooie! I just parted with my school of tunes sweatshirts when we moved in June, just couldn't justify moving something I never ever wore, just totally sentimental. Good ole' days! The remodel is beautiful!! Keep working.