Monday, June 18, 2007

"I've Been Shot!"

Make that "WE'VE been shot"! We all decided to go to Hanna's check-up and 4-shot extravaganza today so we could go straight to Lowe's and pick up our huge home improvement order. Appointment was at 3:15...in a room w/ vitals taken by 3:20...waiting...waiting...waiting for the pediatric room to open up. I got so bored, I snooped around on the Dr.'s computer and found some solitaire and also checked my email. (Horrible, I know.) Andy got so frustrated w/ Joel, they went back out to the waiting room. After an hour in a tiny room, we were moved to the smaller pediatric room. FINALLY, the exam and shots. Hanna was cranky and would hardly lay down. While I was holding her down during the 1st one, the nurse drew back the needle quickly to get it away from Hanna and it went directly into my forearm! So, I'm immunized for MMR too! Good thing it was my daughter's needle! Hanna was screaming bloody murder and I wasn't feeling so hot either! Let's have a round of Tylenol for everyone, shall we?!
And by the way everyone and all the doctors out there: MY CHILDREN ARE SMALL! THEY ARE NEVER "ON THE CHARTS"! YOU PREACH BREASTFEEDING AND THEN COMPARE THEM ON CHARTS ALSO USED FOR FORMULA BABIES! MY KIDS HAVE THEIR DADDY'S METABOLISM, THANK GOODNESS. LAY OFF ABOUT THEM BEING TINY!!!
Okay, I'm done now.....

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness, Heather, I can totally relate to the being small thing. I guess it's a Hall baby trait, but she's in like the 5th percentile for weight and I'm always being asked like crazy if she eats. The girl eats like a horse, so I'm not the least bit concerned, and yes, I nursed that wonderful child for a year with my "liquid gold", so enough already!