Saturday, July 26, 2008

Garage Sale Woes

I can't believe the last time I posted was way back at the beginning of the month! I'm terrible! So, we just had our big "Going Out of Baby" garage sale and......It STUNK! I put so much hard work and planning and effort into it. I advertised, I held it "in town" at a relative's house, I priced a bazillion things, I priced to sell--not to make money, etc... It had all the wonderful baby things people go for: crib, stroller system/carseat, changing table, accessories, tons of clothes! The clientelle was few and far between. I am disgusted! What a disappointment. The only bright spot was when a new neighbor of ours showed up (after I posted an FYI on their door at 6:30am) and bought the crib/mattress! They are a very nice family and we had a good time chatting. You know, I just don't think people garage sale much anymore. You would think, with the state of the economy, that more people would be second-handing it. Has my generation ignored their bargain-hunting heritage? You know many of us grew up with that! What gives? Oh well, at least it's over and my attic load is lighter. **sigh**
By the way, anyone need a stroller/car seat system or changing table? I couldn't bear to see them dropped off at Goodwill like the rest of it...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Hi friend! Sorry to hear about the bum garage sale. They are manic around here...I'm with you, all about finding the bargains! I can't believe the baby time is behind you. Enjoy the lack of "things" only to be replaced with older/bigger "things" right??